Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Baby Bump?

I had my second OB appointment this morning. I've been waiting for this day for forever! Mateo came with and we drove all the way to Riverton to see the doctor. I loved this appointment. This time they didn't stab me with needles and give me a surprise papsmear. All I had to do this morning was pee in a cup! I'm getting pretty good at it too! I hate to admit this, but normally it's just a mess. Boys have it so easy. The doc went over my blood work from before, answered some questions that I had, and listened to the babys heartbeat.

It wasn't the first time that I listened to the baby's heartbeat, but it's still so weird to me. It's like there's an actual person in my stomach. I've heard old wives tales about how if your babys heartbeat is above 140 it's most likely a girl, and if it's below 140 it's most likely a boy. The babys heartbeat was at 155 and I've had a feeling from the very beginning that baby snow will probably be a girl, but we'll see at my next appointment. I'm probably wrong but won't know until 4 weeks. It seems like an eternity that I have to wait. I'm probably going to do the whole Fetal Fotos thing and find out in 2 weeks, but I've heard it's not 100% accurate.

Well that's that, and since a post isn't a post without a picture, I thought I'd show what my belly is looking like these days. I don't know if that's a baby bump, or the Korean Barbeque that I had before this was taken . . . let's just say for now that this is my baby bump. :)






12 comments:

Keira and Nate said...

cute cute Gianne!

Jenn said...

That's so exciting! Babies are so fun, but they sure are a lot of work (to grow and to raise)! Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy and know that now it seems like an eternity, but pretty soon you'll be wondering where the time has gone. Congratulations!

jk.jorgensen said...

I love your baby bump! I noticed it yesterday and thought it was so cute. You just wait until you have to pee in a cup with a big honking belly and you can't see anything down there and you are guessing.It sucks! I betting on a girl!

Kirstin said...

You are the person that introduced me to the phrase "food baby"...so maybe it's both! ;)

Mariah said...

ummm. Hello! I didn't even know you were pregnant! That is so exciting! Congratulations!

Brit said...

...and it's the cutest little baby bump, EVER!! You are so dang adorable... keep the pics coming!

Star said...

I love the baby bump picture. Can't wait to see the collage of your growing bump after the baby, that you will undoubtably create. :)

Shana Smith said...

Yay Gianne, your preggers! I am so so excited for you guys. There is nothing better than having wild, crazy kiddos running around! I am almost 14 weeks pregnant with mine and Nates 2nd baby. So I am not far behind you guys! YAY. Your bump is adorable....

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT! Definitely a baby bump! Mine looked just like that at 15 weeks! Hopefully you don't look like me at the end though with the huge ankles! hahaha! Miss you guys!

Cam said...

You are so funny! I think it's safe to call it your "baby bump" and it's adorable. Congratulations!
And the most popular question... are you going to find out if it's a boy or girl? I'm guessing if you are, you already know, or are pretty close to finding out by now.
Fun, fun- can't wait to hear.

Mel said...

Gianne!! I haven't been on your blog for so long & I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS to you & Matt! Seriously your life is about to change DRASTICALLY!! It is the most AWESOME experience in the world though! I am so excited for you! & my advice is GO TO FETAL STUDIO!!!! I did when I was like 15 weeks & 3 days because I couldn't wait any longer & they were right! I didn't buy TOO much girl stuff until my Dr confirmed it but I LOVED doing it there! PLUS they have this area where your family can come & they put it on a big screen & stuff so it's fun! (That's the place I went to anyway!) Well anyway congrats! Can't wait to find out what you're having! You guys will be great parents! :)

Sheryll said...

hahahaha