Friday, November 19, 2010

6 Weeks

I can't believe how fast time flies by. My little Owen is 6 weeks old! I look at his newborn pictures everyday and can see how big he has gotten. He had his one month check up last Thursday and Owen is in the 95% for weight, 75% for length, and also 75% for his head. He's a big baby! My Dr. kept calling him 'little pigger'. I didn't mind. I thought it was kind of cute.

These last couple of weeks have been so much fun for me. Owen still has not mastered sleeping at night, but he's working on it . . . or should I say I am working on it. Everyone's been telling me about this book "BabyWise" and how amazing it is. I've read it, and I try so hard to do the whole 'Eat, Awake Time, Sleep' routine, but it's so hard! Owen always gets the last two things switched around. He's more of an 'Eat, Sleep, Awake Time' kind of guy, and the book says that I should work really hard to keep him awake after he eats. It's so hard when he's sound asleep and I have to wake him up. I'll get it one day.

Owen loves bath time. Here's a couple pictures of him in his cute little robe after he took his morning bath. Isn't he a stud?

Look at those cute bath slippers! Love it!


Who could resist this cute little face?


This is his face saying, "Mom I'm so done with pictures! No More!"

He's a hard core Ute fan (just like his dad). The picture on the right is what he looked like after the Utes lost.
My friend Mariah crocheted that cute beanie. He loves it! Thanks Mariah!

3 comments:

The Sutera Family said...

Oh my gosh, He is the cutest baby!! I just want to hold him. Any plans on a family trip to the Sutera's house anytime soon????? He is the cutest!

Shana Smith said...

Adorable! He is one CUTE kid! Dont worry about that stupid book, every kid is different and Owen will master sleeping through the night when he is ready, after all he is still only 6 weeks old. Some babes master it by then and others need a tad bit longer! Gianne dont stress too much!! Im no expert but I have had 2 kids!

Kristin said...

He really is a cutie!! Glad to hear you're enjoying being a mommy. Also, my only advice to you is throw the book in the trash!! Every kid is so different and you can't go by what a book says. Take it from me, if you keep reading books like that you will start to feel like a horrible mom who can't do anything right. Find a routine that works for you and keeps you both happy, even if it is "eat, sleep, awake time"! :)